In December 2020, Netflix will keep on adding Christmas content, along with the fourth season of an adult animated series, David Fincher’s latest movie, a sci-fi movie directed by George Clooney, and the final part of the adventures of a famous witch. As the coronavirus pandemic continues, streaming services continue to be the go-to source of entertainment for many, as well as the answer for many studios whose biggest movies couldn’t get a proper theatrical release this year. Along with its original TV shows and movies, Netflix has also been the new home of some of those movies which couldn’t be released in theaters, and it will continue to do so this month.
Last month saw the addition of movies like Stanley Kubrick’s A Clockwork Orange, the fantasy drama Casper, Eli Roth’s Knock Knock, the action movie V for Vendetta, and TV shows like Dawson’s Creek and American Horror Story: 1984. Among the original content Netflix brought in November are the Swedish TV series Love and Anarchy, the Italian drama The Life Ahead, the Christmas movies Operation Christmas Drop, Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey, The Princess Switch: Switched Again, Dolly Parton’s Christmas On The Square, the TV series Dash & Lily, and season 4 of The Crown. This month, Netflix will welcome the first three movies in the Jurassic Park franchise, the comedy 50 First Dates, the classic E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and Garry Marshall’s Runaway Bride.
As for original content, and aside from all the holiday titles still waiting to be released, Netflix subscribers will get to enjoy season 4 of an animated series about puberty, David Fincher’s latest drama movie, a sci-fi movie directed by and starring George Clooney, a TV series about the life of a famous singer, and the final part in the adventures of a famous witch from Greendale. Here’s everything releasing on Netflix in December 2020.
Angela’s Christmas Wish – Netflix Film
- A determined Angela makes a wish to reunite her family in time for Christmas, then launches a plan to find her way from Ireland to Australia.
The Holiday Movies That Made Us – Netflix Original
- Unwrap the real stories behind these iconic Christmas blockbusters, thanks to insider interviews and behind-the-scenes peeks.
Natalie Palamides: Nate – A One Man Show – Netflix Comedy Special
3 Days to Kill (2014)
50 First Dates (2004)
A Thin Line Between Love & Hate (1996)
Angels & Demons (2009)
Are You The One (seasons 1-2)
The Da Vinci Code (2006)
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Effie Gray (2014)
Gormiti (season 1)
The Happytime Murders (2018)
Ink Master (seasons 1-2)
Jurassic Park (1993)
Jurassic Park III (2001)
Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)
Little Nicky (2000)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
Monster House (2006)
Quigley Down Under (1990)
Runaway Bride (1999)
Super Wings (season 3)
Stargate SG-1 (seasons 1-10)
Transformers Rescue Bots Academy (season 2)
Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family (2011)
Why Did I Get Married? (2007)
Alien Worlds – Netflix Documentary
- Applying the laws of life on Earth to the rest of the galaxy, this series blends science facts and fiction to imagine alien life on other planets.
Ari Eldjárn: Pardon My Icelandic – Netflix Comedy Special
Fierce – Netflix Film
- A gifted young singer becomes an instant sensation on a popular talent show, but her real goal is earning the love of her father, a member of the jury.
Hazel Brugger: Tropical – Netflix Comedy Special
Break – Netflix Film
- After a serious accident, Lucie tries to rediscover herself as a dancer and meets Vincent, a talented b-boy battling his own insecurities.
Chico Bon Bon and the Very Berry Holiday – Netflix Family
Just Another Christmas (Tudo Bem No Natal Que Vem) – Netflix Film
- Stuck in a time loop where it’s forever Christmas, a family man who hates the holiday starts to learn valuable lessons about what’s important in life.
Bhaag Beanie Bhaag – Netflix Original
- Beanie has always done what’s asked of her until she decides to run from her very comfortable life and pursue a career in stand-up comedy. As she navigates the demands of everyone from her concerned parents to her proposal-popping boyfriend, this is Beanie’s journey to carve out the life she wants for herself amidst the chaos.
Big Mouth: Season 4 – Netflix Original
- On the brink of eighth grade, the friends contend with summer camp torments, shady alter egos, new make-out frontiers, and Tito, the Anxiety Mosquito.
Bombay Rose – Netflix Film
- Amidst the bustle of a magnetic and multifaceted city, the budding love between two dreamers is tested by duty and religious divides.
Captain Underpants Mega Blissmas – Netflix Family
Christmas Crossfire (Wir Können Nicht Anders) – Netflix Film
- A man foils an attempted murder, then flees the crew of would-be killers along with their intended target as a woman he’s just met tries to find him.
The Great British Baking Show: Holidays: Season 3 – Netflix Original
Kings of Joburg (season 1)
Leyla Everlasting – Netflix Film
- A resilient housewife, her husband, and their marriage therapist become mired in a toxic love triangle and a plot to obtain an antique manuscript.
Mank – Netflix Film
- Directed by David Fincher, Mank is set in 1930s Hollywood and follows the life of Herman J. Mankiewicz (Gary Oldman) as he wrote the now-classic Citizen Kane, as well as the problems that arose with Orson Welles (Tom Burke) during production. Also starring are Amanda Seyfried, Lily Collins, and Bill Nye.
Pokémon Journeys: The Series: Part 3 – Netflix Family
Selena: The Series – Netflix Original
- A coming-of-age story following Selena Quintanilla as she chases her dreams, and the heart-wrenching and life-changing sacrifices she and her family make as they navigate the highs and lows of success, loss, love, and music.
Detention – Netflix Original
- A tormented student uncovers unsettling secrets at her remote high school as betrayal and a paranormal encounter upend her life.
Mighty Express: A Mighty Christmas – Netflix Family
Manhunt: Deadly Games
Bobbleheads The Movie (2020)
Emicida: AmarElo – É Tudo Para Ontem – Netflix Documentary
- Between scenes from his concert in São Paulo’s Theatro Municipal, rapper and activist Emicida celebrates the rich legacy of Black Brazilian culture.
Lovestruck in the City – Netflix Original
- Heart stolen by a free-spirited woman after a beachside romance, a passionate architect sets out to reunite with her on the streets of Seoul.
Mr. Iglesias: Part 3 – Netflix Original
Spirit Riding Free: Ride Along Adventure – Netflix Family
Super Monsters: Santa’s Super Monster Helpers – Netflix Family
Triple 9 (2016)
Ashley Garcia: Genius in Love: Christmas – Netflix Family
The Big Show Show: Christmas – Netflix Family
Rose Island (L’Incredibile storia dell’Isola Delle Rose) – Netflix Film
- An idealistic engineer builds his own island off the coast of Italy and declares it a nation, drawing the attention of the world and the government.
The Surgeon’s Cut – Netflix Documentary
- The Surgeon’s Cut profiles four ground-breaking surgeons from around the world, each with a visionary approach to their craft. Viewers will follow along as they perform innovative operations and procedures, and reveal personal insight into their journey into medicine, providing a unique window into the world of surgery. Specialty areas featured include fetal medicine, neurosurgery, transplant surgery, and cardiology.
Alice in Borderland – Netflix Original
- A video-game-obsessed young man finds himself in a strange version of Tokyo where he and other visitors must compete in deadly games to survive.
A Trash Truck Christmas – Netflix Family
Canvas – Netflix Film
- A grieving grandfather struggling to reclaim his passion for painting after suffering a loss finds the inspiration to create again.
Giving Voice – Netflix Documentary
- Students from across the US audition for a spot in the August Wilson Monologue Competition, culminating in a riveting final round on a Broadway stage.
The Mess You Leave Behind (El Desorden Que Dejas) – Netflix Original
- A teacher starts her job at a high school but is haunted by a suspicious death that occurred there weeks before, and so begins fearing for her own life.
The Prom – Netflix Film
- Based on the Broadway musical of the same name by Chad Beguelin, Bob Martin, and Matthew Sklar, and directed by Ryan Murphy, The Prom follows a group of down-on-their-luck Broadway stars shaking up life in small-town Indiana as they rally behind a teen fighting to bring her girlfriend to prom. Starring are Meryl Streep, James Corden, Nicole Kidman, Kerry Washington, and Keegan-Michael Key.
A California Christmas – Netflix Film
- With his carefree lifestyle on the line, a wealthy charmer poses as a ranch hand to get a hardworking farmer to sell her family’s land before Christmas.
Hilda: Season 2 – Netflix Family
Tiny Pretty Things – Netflix Original
- When an attack brings down the star student at an elite ballet school, her replacement enters a world of lies, betrayal, and cutthroat competition.
Black Ink Crew New York (seasons 1-2)
The Challenge (seasons 10 and 13)
The Professor and the Madman (2019)
Pup Academy (season 2)
Song Exploder: Volume 2 – Netflix Original
- Based on the acclaimed podcast of the same name, each episode features some of the world’s greatest musicians as they reveal how they brought one of their songs to life. Among the artists featured in Volume 2 are Dua Lipa, Trent Reznor, and The Killers.
Teen Mom 2 (seasons 1-2)
Anitta: Made In Honorio – Netflix Documentary
- In this intimate documentary, Brazilian pop queen Anitta opens up about fame, family, and her fierce work ethic, revealing the woman behind the hits.
Break It All: The History of Rock in Latin America – Netflix Documentary
- Through interviews, archival footage, and many music hits, this series tells the history of rock ‘n’ roll and youth culture throughout Latin America.
How To Ruin Christmas: The Wedding – Netflix Original
- Prodigal daughter Tumi goes home for the holidays and manages to ruin her sister’s wedding plans. Now she must make things right before it’s too late.
Lee Daniels’ The Butler (2013)
Nocturnal Animals (2016)
The Ripper – Netflix Documentary
- Investigators and witnesses recall how a modern-day Jack the Ripper terrorized the north of England during the late 1970s.
Run On – Netflix Original
- Veering off course from his preset path, a track star follows his own pace and heart for the first time after a film translator steps into his life.
Vir Das: Outside In – The Lockdown Special – Netflix Original
Guest House (2020)
Home for Christmas: Season 2 – Netflix Original
Jeopardy! Champion Run V
Jeopardy! Champion Run VI
Jeopardy! Teacher’s Tournament
Jeopardy! College Championship
Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions
Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom – Netflix Film
- Based on the play of the same name by August Wilson and directed by George C. Wolfe, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom follows the tensions that arise when the trailblazing Mother of the Blues and her band gather at a Chicago recording studio in 1927. Starring are Viola Davis, Chadwick Boseman, and Glynn Turman.
Sweet Home – Netflix Original
- As savage monsters inflict terror and threaten humanity, a troubled teen with inner demons emerges as his neighbors’ best bet for survival.
Rhys Nicholson Live At The Athenaeum (2019)
The Con Is On (2018)
After We Collided (2020)
London Hughes: To Catch a D*ck – Netflix Comedy Special
Rhyme Time Town Singalongs – Netflix Family
Shaun the Sheep: The Farmer’s Llamas (2020)
Timmy Time (season 2)
The Midnight Sky – Netflix Film
- This post-apocalyptic tale follows Augustine (George Clooney), a lonely scientist in the Arctic, as he races to stop Sully (Felicity Jones) and her fellow astronauts from returning home to a mysterious global catastrophe. Clooney directs the adaptation of Lily Brooks-Dalton’s acclaimed novel Good Morning, Midnight, co-starring David Oyelowo, Kyle Chandler, Demián Bichir, and Tiffany Boone.
Your Name Engraved Herein – Netflix Film
- Set in the backdrop of 1987 where martial law just ended in Taiwan, two male students fall in love against the expectations of society.
Bridgerton – Netflix Original
- From Shondaland and Chris Van Dusen, Bridgerton follows Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dyvenor), the eldest daughter of the powerful Bridgerton family as she makes her debut onto Regency London’s competitive marriage market. Hoping to follow in her parent’s footsteps and find a match sparked by true love, Daphne’s prospects initially seem to be unrivaled, but as her older brother begins to rule out her potential suitors, the high society scandal sheet written by the mysterious Lady Whistledown casts aspersions on Daphne.
Asphalt Burning (Børning 3) – Netflix Film
- When the brakes slam on his wedding, Roy accepts a challenge from a new foe to race for his runaway bride at the iconic Nürburgring track in Germany.
DNA – Netflix Film
- The death of a woman’s larger-than-life grandfather brings her cantankerous family together and forces the 35-year-old to confront her tumultuous life.
Fast & Furious Spy Racers: Season 3: Sahara – Netflix Family
Go! Go! Cory Carson: Season 3 – Netflix Family
The Magic School Bus Rides Again In the Zone – Netflix Family
Sakho & Mangane (season 1)
Cops and Robbers – Netflix Film
- This animated short film is based on a spoken word poetry video created in response to the May 5, 2020 murder of Ahmaud Arbery.
Dare Me (season 1)
Best Leftovers Ever! – Netflix Original
Equinox – Netflix Original
- In 1999, young Astrid saw a bus full of students disappear. In 2019, Astrid tries to solve this mystery, only to discover she ends up changing the past.
Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy: Chapter 2: Earthrise – Netflix Anime
Best of Stand-Up 2020 – Netflix Comedy Special
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Part 4 – Netflix Original
- Over the course of Part 4’s eight episodes, The Eldritch Terrors will descend upon Greendale. The coven must fight each terrifying threat one-by-one (The Weird, The Returned, The Darkness, to name a few), all leading up to The Void, which is the End of All Things. As the witches wage war, with the help of The Fright Club, Nick begins to slowly earn his way back into Sabrina’s heart, but will it be too late?